Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fall Creek Falls Camping Trip Part Two: October Gave a Party


Oh, how I love my mountains! Fall Creek Falls State Park is located on the Cumberland Plateau, a southeastern portion of the ancient Appalachians. The fall color hasn't reached its peak on the plateau yet; can you imagine what it will look like in a a few days?

I was reminded of a poem I read many years ago while taking these pictures. It's rather...corny... but it does give you the feel of the colorful leaves, the crisp breeze and change in the air. I especially love it when the wind blows and the leaves swirl about, drifting to the ground, like streamers at a party. 

October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came-

The Chestnuts, Oaks and Maples,

And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,

And everything was grand;

Miss Weather led the dancing,

Professor Wind, the band.
"October's Party"--written by George Cooper
pictures taken by me.


God is so good to give us such beauty. I thank Him for it.
~Shelia~

1 comment:

  1. Really cool and nice pics, glad you guys had a great time! Love to poem too.

    ReplyDelete